The year goes by quickly: 2008 in review



2008 will be the smallest output from the RoyceFiles since its inception unless I crank out something like 20 posts today. I've actually been doing some micro-blogging with Twitter this year that may have taken a toll on the real blog.

As I remember it, the year began with a slight injury I obtained playing soccer in December of 2007. There were a few days I couldn't walk very easily.

Also in January, I started my music making group. We studied music (and worship) related things and then jammed. I'm not sure if it caused the number of music team to double at HCC but it may be related.
If there is anything that could claim to be on the forefront of 2007 for myself it was film/video. I purchased equipment for a mini-studio in late winter and early spring. I filmed 4 short subjects this year. One of which has yet to be edited (its tenatively called Glory Rolled). None of them had a wide release. I also was on crew and cast for a 48 Hour Film Fest team (Team Testudo) in the Go this spring. The short film "Fantasy 10" can be found on the Testudo myspace page link I have above. It's rated PG-13. Currently I am doing props for a feature length film by the same production company. Also I got the ultimate roast this fall when my friends in Da Forks produced "Framed." You can see that in a previous post.
On the blog my choice for best story would be my coverage of the 2008 Fargo Marathon. Twas an exciting event topped off with an inspirational victory for a hometown runner over a touted Kenyan. My incomplete 300 bike tour series comes in second along with numerous posts on poverty for blog action day. I regret not having blogged the Olympics but the canoe trip article got slim. 1 post dedicated to the trip in which I purchased an expensive canoe that fits in the trunk of my car. Now this winter I need to get the seat repaired.

This year also marked the short lived return of a mustache. I didn't blog about it much but I had it for a little over a month.

In 2008 I also left a few things behind. First, in November I finished my musical comittment to River of Hope Church in Grand Forks. For about 4 years I was the chief musician. Recently, I left my 96 Buick for a 02 Dodge and resigned from the board of a non-profit organization.

Politics played in a bit this year. I wrote little about Obama or McCain and seemed to look 3rd party for inspiration. 3rd parties were really overshadowed this election cycle unless you count MN Independence Party Senate candidate Dean Barkley. He didn't win the election but as for now we have no idea who will fill Minnesota's Senate seat. Perhaps the Governor of Illinois will sell it to highest bidder. My thoughts on the Obama victory will probably appear later.

Well, it's time to come back and cross over to 2009, that last year you can wear those funny 2009 glasses. Hope all goes well for 2009. Keep in there folks.
Slan.

Comments

Unknown said…
Leaving it all behind.
I know the feeling.
Everything is happening so fast.
Don't know why exactly.
but know I don't intend on leaving you behind. I may leave "it" behind any day.

Keep in touch.

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!