It is better to give


The 2nd Annual Pizza, Pack, and Pray event went off without a hitch. I think we packed nearly double the amount of boxes as we did last year.
Operation Christmas Child is project which gathers shoeboxes filled with toys, candy, school supplies and then in turn distributes these boxes to children in desperate circumstances all around the world. I've been doing it for 8 years and began my church's campaign to fill boxes.
There is still time to get a box filled as November 19 is the last day to bring boxes to a collection center in your area. It is very simple and certainly helps give joy and hope to children who otherwise would not experience those things.
I have been challenging myself to be more generous the past few years. For me it seems, we've got too much. We've become a consumption dump. OCC is just one way I think I can help someone else and be a conduit to bless others. It is something that transcends ourselves when we take on the attitude that it is better to give.
So as we approach I hope I can spread the 3G message: goodness, generosity, and gratitude begets greatness. Or maybe it is more like this:
When the ten others heard about this, they lost their tempers, thoroughly
disgusted with the two brothers. So Jesus got them together to settle things
down. He said, "You've observed how godless rulers throw their weight around,
how quickly a little power goes to their heads. It's not going to be that way
with you. Whoever wants to be great must become a servant. Whoever wants to be
first among you must be your slave. That is what the Son of Man has done: He
came to serve, not be served—and then to give away his life in exchange for the
many who are held hostage.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!