A birthday filler



It's been a crazy week trying to eek out a decent radio script while trying to keep active and make sure I don't forget to do some Christmas shopping. Hectic, hectic, hectic. That's why I perfer margin.

It got so crazy- especially the rapid winter ascension weather- that I nearly missed my homage to Phil on his birthday. Phil has not had much to say on the blog for a while. He's a bit miffed that James has been stealing the thunder on witting comments. Phil is also carrying a little more responsibility, too.


Well, today, it's your day Phil to shine. So I present, a few things Phil might have said.

  1. "Garbage bags could provide enough energy to last us a whole year if the polar caps suddenly melted- like that's going to happen anytime."
  2. On politics- "I could dress up a yard stick and somebody will probably vote for it."
  3. On being told there are too many kinds of beer- "Blasphemy! There is only two kinds of beer. Beer you drink now and beer you drink later."
  4. When asked if he perfers ale to lager- "That's like asking me if I like my air over there or over here and to both I say yes."
  5. On Jar Jar Binks and pyrotechnics - "If I were to re-make Star Wars, I would set Jar Jar ablaze and Qui Gon would use the the force to hurl him at one of the droid transports. It's still a happy ending."
  6. On the Simpsons: "Probably the most realistic depiction of beer I have ever seen."

Comments

Anonymous said…
The polar caps, should they be melting, are not the source of our energy woes.. California is. Garbage bags are not the solution, but merely vessels of the solution.

As to the yard stick, I'd vote for it, but somehow I doubt that counts.

The beer you drink later will become the the beer you drink now. The beer you drink now, will be long remembered as the beer you drank then. This is the cycle.

To both I say yes... Indeed.

If I were to remake episodes 1-3, there would be no Jar-Jar to set ablaze. Furthermore, Anikin would be both cool and likeable. When queen amadala reveals her love for him, we shouldn't be left wondering what the heck she was thinking..He was a stupid little kid in episode 1, and he's being a big whiner baby in episode 2.. Come on Queeny! You're better than this!

The simpsons' role in society is to reveal the truth. That truth is this: Nuclear power is so safe that even Homer can't screw it up.

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!