On the Road to Glory - episode 8

I skipped reviews for the very special Ace Schonrock Intramural Glory episodes since I think the show might jump the shark. I was wrong.
Ace showed the team some class and brought a tear into my root beer. Best moment was Owen's comment on the block- simple yet effective.
Nevertheless, I've got another episode to review. So let's dig in.
There's nearly 10 minutes of footage to episode 8 which features some decent game shots. I think this is the first episode where the flow of game shots aren't just slugs to fill space but actually get more of the story across. However, the Cougar flipped part is a bit confusing. My assumption is he threw up but there is nothing backing that up. All we see is angry, riled Cougar fuming.
Besides gameplay, we also get a string of vignettes one in particular returns Kyle to the show. The Boima and Kyle knee scenes are great and for some reason Kyle looks like he just came from filming another show. Old Guy and The Ledge also was a good scene. Danny Myers finally speaks his mind in this episode, too!
The tone and style of this episode is a bit different than the previous. It just felt a bit more stable, more polished, and more team oriented.
Now for the kudos.
Best actor: The Ledge. I watched it twice and everytime I see it the Bobby Ledge puts in a stellar performance. There exists a Loving the Ledge video but I'll let you find it yourselves.
Best Wardrobe: Kyle. Maybe he's working on the sequel to Goodwill Hunting and The Fisher King- both feature a bearded Robin Williams.
Best Rant: Danny Myers. Besides the kooky Vikings apparel, Danny's rant deserves the nod. It seems Rob keeps saying the same lines in every episode- except that missed pass business.
Check Intramural Glory out for yourselves.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank God. I thought you'd forsaken us.
We appreciate the review... and we're inching ever closer to your appearance in the series.
I hope we didn't Jump The Shark.
I think it's going to just keep getting better and better.
Cougar was ejected for spiking the ball in the ref's face, which you can see on a wide shot right before he's fuming.
Anonymous said…
I was too drunk to comment much in past episodes, or just a little too high to make any sense, but I have to say that that rant must have been a momment of clarity for me. From here on out I make my push for my 6th career Mr.Hustle award....
Unknown said…
You can't win Mr. Hustle if you're quitting the team, Danny.
We're replacing you with a girl.
Anonymous said…
This is by far the most accurate review I have read on "Intramural Glory - Episode 8"
Unknown said…
Oh Matzek...
You just made me laugh so hard.

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!