My soccer glory

Last night opened my return to the pitch in competitive soccer. It was not very glorious. It has been nearly 20 years since I donned a jersey. A few years ago I played pick up recreational games with some internationals.
My company squad lost handily to a group of Concordia College men and women who appeared to have much more experience than us. To be honest, they were better dribblers and passers although they lacked a bit of creativity in goalscoring. Nevertheless there were positives to this match. Our goaltender impressed me by making some stunning saves albeit he allowed 10 goals. To our credit we did score 2 goals. I played about 3 minutes out of 50 in sort of a mid-fielder stopper position and had an unfortunate ball go through me for a goal.
For a group of mostly 30+ year olds with little to no experience we did well. However, it looks like we will switch leagues to be with competition more fitting to our age levels.
In other intramural leagues, Team Unglaublich took to hardwood for a second time on YouTube. My complete breakdown of the episode is forthcoming, but I can tell you that Team U is 100% better than their premiere outing. I've been planning a video response from Royce Files for weeks but have had nearly no time. I may have time this weekend.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!