Snow I presume and the Chinese Panda

I began to to think that there would be no snow cover before the end of the year. On Thursday evening I ran and it was clear but overnight flurries developed. They stopped but eventually another spat of flurry arrived on Saturday morning and later turned to wet sticky snow. Conditions apparently worsened elsewhere and on the tele stations scrolled church closings. I found it quite funny that it mostly Lutheran churches closed. I guess Lutherans are not as rugged as Garrison Keillor makes them out. This is certainly not blizzard weather. This type of storm only slows people down because of the perceived (possibly real) slipperiness. I saw no cars in the ditch today although I noticed one with a blown out tire. I saw more cars on the side of the road returning home from Christmas and then no snow existed.
The weather did not prevent me from going out to do something I wanted to do for weeks. In fact I had a craving and using some self control contained it until today: Chinese food calls. I think I was inundated by the movie "A Christmas Story" where at the end of the film they eat Christmas dinner at a Chinese restaurant. There is nothing remotely Christmasy about Chinese food but somehow eating it during the Holidays allows me to connect with the movie. Nonetheless the food was decent. I especially enjoy General Tso's Chicken and Mongolian beef. The Panda offers them both in addition to crab and lo mein, fried rice, and you get the picture. Yet to add to the picture there was even a lone decorated Christmas tree in the dining area to make my Christmas Chinese dining complete.

Comments

Anna Haugen said…
Yo Bill-

Glad to know you got smow.
It is starting to fall here now.
A strange new years eve for the both of us I am sure.
Anna pointed that out.
Thanks for sacrificially being my shadow over the past 5 years.
I could not have done it without you.
Blessings in 2007!

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!