Lord of the flies- part II

I decided to spend a portion of my holiday [thanks to the the founding fathers] pioneering a new outdoor activity- bikepacking. Bikepacking is sort of like touring with a full load over a diversity of terrain. My perferred terrain- Chippewa National Forest. The national forest system has a plethora of roads, paths, and dead ends that would entertain or punish daring bikepackers.
On this trek I was both entertained and punished [or as Boss Nass would say "Pew-nished"].
I found some real wild open places, glimpsed a few bald eagles, cooked some good meals, and biked a myriad of miles.
The punishment I found was in trying to escape the vicious black flies. A constant swarm followed me almost the entire time. I can't out pace them, they followed right behind in their ranks. This is the worst black fly epidemic I have ever experienced. I knew I should have brought the citranella. This certainly was a lord of the flies experience.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!