Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving salutations. Hope your turkey is well done and the cranberries are not too tart.
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving probably because of the food but I also like it as a time to reflect and realize that all good things don't come from ourselves. It is a good attitude to have especially as entitlement continues to drive our culture towards complaining.
Hey we may be better off than many others but it is prideful to think we are deserving of it and if we don't get it we have a right to complain. I've heard a lot of complainer working through employment agencies. I'm thankful that I do get to work from time to time. And I'm very thankful when its something I really enjoy.
Here's a list of Thanksgivings for 2005
1. I am still alive- this year I have been hit by cars twice and thrown off a motorcycle. Whoa!
2. Bicycling- I have enjoyed a good year in the saddle. Started to tour too.
3. Ireland- I am thankful I got to the island this April. I am always hopeful to return to those shores.
4. God's provision- it may not seem like much to others but it really is more than enough- finacial and spiritual.
5. Physical Fitness- I cannot believe I am still running every week and riding the bike everywhere.
Hope you have a heart filled with thanks today and into the new year!

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!