Extreme biking beyond

The other day I revisited the eery locale I call The Lord of the Flies. A friend and I rode our bikes south to this "ghost neighborhood."
I christened this place "Lord of the Flies" because when I first visited all sorts of winged pests were bustling about especially around an area that looks like an altar.
On this visit the bugs were missing but there were quite a few skeletal remains of varmints. We explored the premises carefully. My friend appeared to be awestruck by the strangeness of it all.
Time ran out on exploring and we needed to head north to go the RedHawks baseball game. A friend of mine gave me some really good tickets and I had wanted to go see the 'Hawks play for a while. A cool autumn evening began to descend as we made our way to the stadium.
However as we cruised the empty sidewalks, suddenly a white Saturn came out of a blind alley. I braked hard but ended up hiting the automobile at about 15 mph. Fortunately I was not injuried. The car sustained no damage either because it was made of plastic. My chain fell off and my front fork needed to be adjusted. The car occupants were very surprised (more shocked). I was surprised the female occupants were wearing so little on a cool evening. My friend was surprised I did not flip over the hood. I am sure she would have enjoyed that.
We got things fixed and were on our way without major catastrophe. The girls were still shocked.
The incident left me shaken up. Just a few blocks before I was speaking about my close calls when biking. Fortunately I enjoyed the RedHawks game. Unfortunately I was in the gift shop when the Hawks hit a home run in the bottom of the 7th inning.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!