And my portion

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance Psalm 16:5,6.
I think that a Christian life should not stink, but hey at points it does. I get restless, harbor jealousy toward others' glory, and often despise myself for not attaining some remarkable standing in this world. I ask myself- "What am I doing here?!" It is a question that goes unanswered. I keep up doing what I am doing and see others prosper.
It is a difficult byway I tread. Why you may ask? Well, it concerns favor and particularly God's favor. I wonder if I have it. It becomes a great comparison game- "That person has it and so and so but why not me?"
The question then should be asked- what is God's favor and how does God bestow it?
As far as I know the the spine of a Christian's life is that God loves, accepts, and forgives him/her. There is no ands or ifs or buts. This is basically what humanity craves. It is upon that revelation (that God cares for me) that a Christian should be secure. Everything else is probably favor- the friends, toys, jobs, money, power and influence. God supplies our needs but favor extends to beyond. There is probably more that can be said but I have had my stand.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!