Transform me

In the last few weeks I have actually watched some movies: Super Size Me (great web site) and Transformers. I sort of got pulled into watching them. It was not my first desire.
Super Size Me re-enforced my firm belief that Big Macs and Fries may taste good but they sure can cause some damage. I have continued to avoid the golden arches because they may be the plague. Of course I must confess I ate there the night before I saw it. So I must add that although the guy gained quite bit of girth he still looked good in bikini underwear!!!
Tonight I took in Tranformers the movie (on DVD) in rememberance of that child-maddening toy craze of the late 80s. The movie brought me back to the imaginary time when robots fought each other while listening to techno synth and glam. Yes, all they did was fight and die. Oh poor Optimus Prime.
I guess there is quite a following amongst fans of the soundtrack in addition to the whole movie. It was totally glam tech 80s. They even had a Weird Al song for good measure. I wonder if the band Lion who did the Transformers' theme had any other hits. So much for the death of Pop Metal at junior high dances.
The real treat of the DVD was storyboards (all B&W) and an interview with with the composer which was hilarious although it was not meant so. He made a least three gfaws during the course of the 7 minute segment. Pure intelli-nerd. Reminded me of one of my college roommates.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!