Music evolution

In the past few weeks my musical tastes have expanded. Admittedly I am a novice fan of techno/synth/electronica fan. It has probably been a few months in the making since I refound my love for making grooves on the MTV Music Maker on the PC. I have actually pondered re-assuming the DJ Waz His Naim (notice the new spelling) mantra and creating dance jazz music.
In previous weeks I have really enjoyed listening to a CD I purchased at See You at the Party by an artist known as ShelterShed. A few times a month I head down to old Cheapo Records store on Main and peruse the bargain bin of club music for the new vibes. It has been pretty hit or miss. One CD I picked up was too hip hop for my taste. Then I got another one, The Sound of Electronic Cologne, which took a bit of listening to get used to it. However, my greatest acquisition has been Ultrabeat. He was at See You at the Party in 2001 and he stayed at my friend's house in Morris. How unreal is that? High quality techno synth and European to boot.
The more things change the more they stay the same. I have returned to listening to Iona again. I am blown every time I listen to the mix of Celtic and jazz and ethereal. Bainbridge is a genius! Heaven's Bright Sun is still one the best albums I have ever heard. The final 2 tracks are gorgeous and ethereal, breaking new ground. Need I say Terl Bryant is an incredible percussionist, a phenom!

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!