Infiltration - genuine intentions

Coming to you live at UMM in Morris, MN- that is if you are reading this now. I have infliltrated the campus dressed as a typical college student. So far no one has detected me.
What brings me to this little hip town? Well, I'm here on business- relational business. I am hanging with some good friends this weekend. I'm off from doing the Grand Forks gig and thus decided to get away from the 'Go. The 'Go? Sounds like a new religion, right? Like the Dao of Pooh.
Well anyway, I had planned to co-opt with my friend, let's call him Segue, and do a dance in Mankato at Prepeare Haus but that fell through like stones through wet Kleenex. Besides Seque is a bit injuried. My secret name is Naim as in "Waz Hez Naim." But that's confusing you so I'll cut to the meat of the post.
Segue and I were having deep conversations about the state of things. We touched on plenty fo details but a few big things leapt out. Firstly, that we are appreciated for our skills and gifts and not for who we are as individuals. We thought it was bogus that there's all this talk about relationships but what it really comes down to is do you got the goods we need to do the job. I've struggled with gifting and vocation being my indentity (which it is not), and to see things like this irks me. Christianity should be about genuine relationship and not what potential this relationship can give. Arranged marriages? Look at what happened with Solomon and then later on with Joram. You see this on Survivor too. I disdain it. I'd rather be faithful to someone I know and enjoy then someone who only want to tap me for some skill.
Not to say these things (gifts and skills) play a part in relationships, they just should not be solely on those. I am more willing to serve someone I know well and trust.
Quo Pro Vido. That's all for now in Morris. Keep it real!

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!