It was not swimming

I took an abbreviated bike camping trip this Labor Day weekend. I could regret it but instead I will look on the bright side.
Rainy, rainy, rainy. I should have gone elsewhere. It rained the morning I left. It rained when I arrived. It appeared it would rain again as I left the Chippewa.
Usually when I do this kind of camping it is dry. An occasional shower may pass but mostly the time in the wilderness is dry.
Challenging as it became, I did enjoy the adventure. For one I did not like the established campsite- too close to people. I continued down the trail on my bike. I rode up some incredible steep inclines and had a scare going down since my brake pads were wet. Then a marsh consumed the trail and I had to seek for shelter as rain increased in volume.
Well, I found a spot off a game trail and immediately improvised a shelter then tried to keep most of my supplies dry. I succeeded at only the former. It rained steady into the evening. Only once did the rain let up enough to provide an opportunity to pitch the tent. Fortunately the tent was considerable dry.
After 8am the next day the weather improved. The sun even shone to make it much more happier.
An adage I am taking up - if you reach an impasse, make it an adventure.


Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!