Fargo Marathon celebrity sightings

So no Will Ferrell. And no Elvis. I think there has not been an Elvis running Fargo in half a decade.
But let me indulge my celebrity radar.
First let me get the first one off: Dick Beardsley, legendary long distance runner ( and fisherman). There he is in an orange long sleeve telling a participant to take the race by the horns. I met him once in Detroit Lakes. He was at a pasta dinner for his namesake race with Alberto Salazar.
Is that Matt Maher?
Looking closely at the image again I also notice another celebrity of sorts which I totally missed in the foreground- worship artist Matt Maher.
On the course I was surprised to see Jim Gaffigan took time from his busy schedule and decided to run. Perhaps he was doing it to jab Ferrell. I must have missed the hash tag #runfargogaffigan.
Jim Gaffigan takes it easy on the course
And finally, this year I did not miss the Fargo Marathon Maniac. This guy like runs a marathon every week.
Actually he is a classmate of mine who decided to take up running a number of years ago and got hooked on doing marathons and half marathons. He'll be running Grandma's in June.
And as a post-script, an unverified appearance of the Almighty One, King of Kings and Lord of Lords at the Fargo Dome on the morning of the race in the Bison Room.
I believe scripture says that "when 2 or more gather in my name that I am there." That is my paraphrase of Matthew 18:20. Who knows, maybe Matt Maher was there leading worship.


Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!