48 Hour Film Fest: The People Have Spoken

Indeed it was crowd in the Fargo Theater lobby for the 7 o'clock showing of entries for the 48 hour Film Festival. I thought that this theater was bigger. I think if it seats 1000 then that's pushing the limits. Nevertheless, I was entertained by a wide variety of films (DVs more accurately) that made up the 12 on-time entries to the festival. One entry which did not make it in on time was screened as well and it was a top notch production.
Team Testudo arrived in full force with director Charles making a fashionably late appearance. Our film was screened second to last sandwiched between 2 fictional bio-pics. I remember most of the films but unfortunately their titles elude me. Well, not all titles. "No Shoulder," an entry in the drama genre was well executed with some excellent shots. However, it seemed to fall prey to the cliche that drama=yelling and fighting. Nevertheless, it was one of my choices for best film.
The other bio-pic which followed our "Fantasy #10" garnered the best of the show by the judges. They were not wrong. An experienced team put together the brilliant "Precious Metal." It harkens back to Edward Scissorhands except this orphaned misfit, Otto, "created" nuts and bolts and eventually a frictionless ball bearing. It's welled acted, cute, creative and even employs underwater photography. Watch this film!
Finally I will plug my team's film, "Fantasy #10."
You never know what you did until you see it on the big screen. During the first screening, the audience tittered throughout. I guess we may have been funnier than the comedy. I was amazed. Adam and Josh were incredible writers and actors but special mention must be given to Ray as required character Brad Billups. Ray ended up winning the best required character rendtion of th required character.
When all was said and done, Team Testudo took home the audience favorite award too. Quite a feat for a southpaw team.
You know, there should be something like this for the Fargo Street Fair.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!