Knowing the lager from the pilsner

The undying fount of beer knowledge has really bothered my roommate. A few weeks ago I received a magazine about nothing but beer. He couldn't quite understand the need for a magazine, much less the hundreds of people who do nothing but taste beer and write about it for a living. It must be a good living. Yet of course the conclusion of the matter will always be fear God but I am sure it is possible to do that and have few brews along the way.
Speaking of God, did you know there are monks who brew beer? Yes, now you can commit your life to holiness and brew-making as a Trappist. And I thought they only made jelly.
My beer pick for the week: TommyKnocker. Specifically the Butt Head Bock and the Maple Nut Brown Ale. Two delicious flavors that had no bitter hop taste. I also had the Pick Axe Pale Ale but really did not enjoy it. It tasted old. Phil also liked TommyKnocker although I think he's a sucker for free beer.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!