Keane bows out

It probably was not a surprise but Roy Keane decided to retire from playing football today. It had been alluded earlier that if he did not think he could be fit he would hang up the boots.
Why do I admire Keane? I think I've said it before but I like his work ethic and he is tough. He's also an Irishman. And did I mention he is the subject of the musical I, Keano.
He has stirred up an amount of trouble in his day but he went on playing. Injuries slowed him up in the later years but he still played with intensity. Since January he has played for Glasgow Celtic the team he supported as a child.
Now I must wallow in the World Cup. The only excitement I have found in it is the African teams.

Comments

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!