Jots on Jaunting

Jaunted to Morris mostly because I made a promise I would to some dear friends.
It was May 1 and it was snowing. How incredibly wrong? The weather was dreary and unwelcoming. In Morris I visited the church and then proceeded to prepare lunch for my friends- a smattering of spaghetti, green beans, oranges, carrots, and garlic toast. Needless to say some of my assistants got sauce on the walls and ceiling. Goes to tell you that a good can opener is a cook’s best friend.

Inspiration for cooking came from Jim, a guy that was staying a Western Shore while I was in Ireland. Jim is a brilliant cook, a culinary genius who weaves a delicious meal each time takes to the kitchen. He was a real inspiration- both culinary and spiritually.

Comments

Miry Lou said…
Hi bill. i enjoyed your presentation on the computer in church yesterday. thanks for sharing those things.

so, what was it you liked about being in ireland? did you feel like you were home? what was the spiritual difference?

Although I don't know much about Catholicism- the more I learn i think it's kookie-I have always admired their devotion to their religion. I pray that Born Agains
(I)could have that same type of devotion to Jesus and his service. "just think if these people were born again how they would be for Jesus." Did you notice how God used that in the Catholics there?

p.s. i started a blog too. it's kind of fun. i'm pretty random in when and what i post.

andrea r

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!