Here again

Back at the old Net haunt - West Acres. After a hiatus of over a month I decided I need to catch up on the Net dragons. So far none have been slane. What a shame (or sham perhaps).
Now for another bit from my Ireland trip.
Aer Lingus brought me to Dublin. I had a great seat. Just behind 1st class on the right hand side. So much more room! I have to say Aer Lingus does have some good looking employees. I never really hit it off with any however. As a side note BMI has the best uniforms.
Thinking I would be getting something really good I ordered the Kosher meal. For the life of me I never knew what I was eating and I know Kosher. It seemed like something with matzo meal. Anyways I get to Dublin and go to the city centre. I spend hours just walking around and seeking sourvenirs, which I realized I needed to appease the people back in the states.
Went to see the Book of Kells at Trinity College and did not even know I had seen it. I thought I was looking at another illumintated text.
Soon it was lunch and I was looking for a fish and chip place. I think I got directions a few times but never did find it. Streets in Dublin have a tendency to wind and change names when you least expect.
Exasperated I wander the Temple Bar for something. I happen upon a Persian cafe and eat there.
Fast forward three hours. I am sick. Really sick. I leave part of me in the Dublin airport before flying to Knock where I keel over upon landing. To make matters worse, my friend must have lost track of time and day because she was not there at the tiny airport. I forgive her. She's a really sport!
So needless to say my arrival in the west of Ireland was a bit traumatic. I blame the Kosher and Persian food. They must have been warring with one another.
The Kosher meal back to the states was much better. As was the movie- Oceans 12.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey, dude you went to ireland? what's it like being back? were the people appeased with the souvenirs you bought. out of all the things you said I thought that was the most sad...do you think they were expecting that you bring them something? do you give out of love or obligation? be you--the real you. you can't buy REAL people off.

Notable Posts

So there was this zombie party

Back to 50s photos: Pontiac Chieftain

Gumby, Google, Clokey and Hastings. Oh My!